Alfa Romeo Tonale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why should I buy a Tonale instead of the Hornet? Need 7 good reasons.

BTW, I'm a proud owner of a 2017 Giulia and purchased the car because it was different fir all others.

Thank you,
Ray

·
Registered
91 Posts
Both models are so similar that it's hard to find 7 reasons.

Probably the biggest reason to get the Tonale is that you don't mind paying $7,000 more for a slightly more upscale SUV. Almost as if it was a trim above the top spec Hornet.

Rocking the Alfa badge might be another but is that really worth the premium? I know for some people it is, especially if their job (i.e. real estate agent, sales rep, etc.) sort of requires projecting a certain type of image.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’d be interesting to see if the Dodge “GLH” (goes like hell) factory approved, dealer installed, warranty safe modifications planned for the Hornet will be compatible with the Tonale. Performance enhancing mods to enhance power and performance… could be an fun mash up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll play. I realize reasons to me might not be to someone else.

1) I don't expect the Tonale to sell very well in the US with the Dodge undercut, so you won't be seeing yourself at every stop light. In a few years I'd bet it will be the most often seen Alfa though.

2) The Tonale will not have whatever hidden de-contenting/cost cutting that has taken place to make the Dodge so much cheaper.

3) The Tonale is better looking despite some obvious similarities. You will also only be able to get the gorgeous 5 hole wheels that scream "Alfa!" on the Tonale.

4) While depreciation on neither brand is great, the Dodge will be worse percentage wise.

5) After the initial splash, advertising on the Tonale will likely be non-existent if Alfa follows past marketing habits. A bit down the road the Tonale will likely be able to be had at a decent discount, putting a dent in the price gap.

6) It's actually an Alfa. Researched, designed and built by Alfa.

7) You'd have to buy a Hornet at a Dodge dealer, then look at the Dodge badge the rest of the time you owned it, I'd bet in a short time you'd wish it was an Alfa. Don't see anyone enjoying the exclusivity and fun of the Alfa culture being long term happy with the Dodge.

I'm personally still not happy about the Dodge thunder stealing and I could probably come up with some pretty good reasons to buy the Dodge too though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts