Alfa Romeo Tonale Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a ‘15 Porsche Macan S so I’m hoping the Tonale gets at least the Stelvio’s base ICE engine. I’m not very interested in a plug in electric engine since I’m in the city with no overnight charging options for a PHEV, but a hybrid would make sense especially if it adds power and gets the 0-60 time in under the 5 sec range.
I love the Alfa design esthetic and had a ‘74 Spider as my first car which I drove for 10+ years!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome @NYCtonale.

The Stelvio took everyone by surprise. Didn't expect it myself! After it and the Giulia I really can't wait for the Tonale. I think Alfa will make this drive like a Giulia SUV if you know what I mean. So some good ICE options should be available from launch.

Reports of a hybrid option sure make it seem like that will happen too.

"Alfa Romeo currently offers no electrified powertrain, but early next year it will launch a mid-size SUV, the Tonale, to be offered as a plug-in hybrid."

"While the plug-in hybrid powertrain in the Tonale will use existing FCA hardware, sharing with the Jeep Renegade, it’s expected that the electric Alfa Romeo will be the first FCA car to make use of the technology gained from the merger with PSA. " ~
AutoCar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.